Question Motherboard connections

steelrfan85

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
I am installing my pc and I have some questions. Not sure if anybody can help. I got some Thermaltake fans and they have the stand fan connector but it came with another cable that has 8 slots. Idk if that’s for something else or not. I emailed tech support but heard nothing back. In the motherboard box has a little plug that has 4 prongs like ground etc. I didn’t see anywhere to plug that in if needed. There is a black cable with looks like dual SATA power connectors that plug into the power unit but I’m not sure. It was in the Corsair box but no instructions for what is what. I plugged in the SATA data but there are no power connectors that came with the HDD it SSD. There are several plugs that are part of the usb and audio jack in the front of my case. I saw he audio on motherboard but no H.D.D LED or AC 97. I’m surprised the cables from the power unit are barely long enough to reach the plugs therefore I have no way to hide or do much with the cable. I have read through the motherboard manual before asking these questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
Look out for the JFP1, you need to connect them.
Its the cable for turning on/off your pc, hdd led and so on.

the + is mostly on the left side. on the cable is it marked with a little arrow.

1cc1489c7fjfpz-msi.jpg

But you need to look on your board, could be a little different than this.
just watch on your board if you can find something like this near the JFP1

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
nvm, i saw the images you've sent me.

Edit: That's a molex cable in the sixth image. those (7-9 image) are for the power button and led light (stuff like that). once i've got a picture of a random motherboard i'll help you

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
Look out for the JFP1, you need to connect them.
Its the cable for turning on/off your pc, hdd led and so on.

the + is mostly on the left side. on the cable is it marked with a little arrow.

1cc1489c7fjfpz-msi.jpg

But you need to look on your board, could be a little different than this.
just watch on your board if you can find something like this near the JFP1

Here's the one for your board.

p3mrq6v.png

steelrfan85

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
I’d be better off just sending it somewhere to be installed but I don’t know where and would probably take weeks to get it back. I’m trying to get up and running by the weekend while my wife and kids are out of town

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
I’d be better off just sending it somewhere to be installed but I don’t know where and would probably take weeks to get it back. I’m trying to get up and running by the weekend while my wife and kids are out of town

DON'T! you're only wasting money and that's the easiest thing you can connect to yours motherboard or hdd. you'll need a sata cable to power your hdd.

Reactions: mabdu11ah

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
DON'T! you're only wasting money and that's the easiest thing you can connect to yours motherboard or hdd. you'll need a sata cable to power your hdd.
As korv said, its waste of money for a quite easy thing.
Watch one or two video, there are plenty of it on yt.

Just look for something like this on your psu to connect on the hdd/ssd
PP-SATA-P-Y-RT-SATA-Power-Y-Cable-2x-Right-Angle-15p-to-AT-4p-Male-003.jpg

steelrfan85

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Do you think if I just plug the fan into the sys.fan plug it would power it and the LED would come on? There is that long cable that I have no idea is for. Also do I need to buy some cables for the usb 3.0 and 2.0 and where would they plug to and from?