[SOLVED] Motherboard CPU Cooler Fan Curve for 5800X

skeletorbro

Distinguished
May 17, 2012
I have been doing some performance tweaking of my 5800X and am trying to figure something out regarding the CPU Cooler fan curve set by the motherboard. I am using a Lian Li Galahad 360 and the motherboard is an Asus Dark Hero. One thing that is concerning me is different temperature readouts from the bios and Ryzen Master (I have my Q-Code readout set to show temperature so I have been using that to check what the bios is reporting). Around idle, both the bios and Ryzen Master will report the same temps save for a 2-3 degree difference at times. However, once under load the difference stretches to about 10 degrees apart with Ryzen Master reporting the higher temps. Looking at the Standard fan curve set in my bios, the fans don't really ramp up to full speed until the CPU reaches ~70-75. However, due to the difference in temps reported by the two, I really don't reach full speed ever unless I am doing something like running Cinebench. For instance, in CPU intensive games like Battlefield V, the CPU will ramp up and hover around ~75 reported by Ryzen Master, but the Bios will report that the CPU is only running around 65-68. I am all for the system running quiet, and I am honestly impressed that during gaming the fans stay relatively silent. However, I am concerned about whether or not this is a problem? I know this CPU is known to run hot, but I am just concerned about it potentially overheating since, from what my research tells me, Ryzen Master is the "More Accurate" temperature reading software. Should I adjust my fan curve to kick in at a lower temp? Or should this curve be fine to use?

Solution
<-Doesn't see an immediate problem.
<-Votes to leave it alone, unless...

Tip: If you set a higher fan curve, it'll be easier on your ears than one that runs low, but then revvs up and down constantly trying to keep up with spikes.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
<-Doesn't see an immediate problem.
<-Votes to leave it alone, unless...

Tip: If you set a higher fan curve, it'll be easier on your ears than one that runs low, but then revvs up and down constantly trying to keep up with spikes.

Solution