Discussion Motherboard debug code LED issue - stuck on a single code after booting ! Hardware Fault indicators lit when PC is turned off ! Boot issues !

Engels1991

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2015
Hello ! I have made this thread in hopes that someone might know a solution to an issue i've been experiencing !

Lately when i turn on my Pc , the debug led code on my Gigabyte motherboard is allways stuck on code 04 ( or is it D4 ? Its hard to tell , but seems more like 04 ) ! And it doesn't shuffle through the debug codes when it posts , wich would normaly be left on A0 when the system fully boots ! Yet its allways stuck on code 04 through the whole pc post sequence , also i noticed my pc taking a few seconds more to post lately than usual..

When i re-seat the Ram sticks , it seems to fix the debug led being stuck on 04 when it boots up the first time after the ram re-seat . But when i shut down my pc and boot it up again after that , its stuck on debug code 04 again through the post and stays like that when the pc fully boots also ! ! Pc seems to be booting up fine , but with the post happening a few seconds longer than it used to ! I also i haven't experienced any system crashes or shutdowns either !

But it just seems like a prelude to some looming fault that could eventually reveal itself ! Also the Dram led on the mobo is lit when the pc is '' turned off'' , but when i turn the Pc on again the Dram led on the mobo turns off , making me assume all is fine after boot ( sort of ) ! Do i have a reason to be worryed , it just feels very odd ! But as i mentioned , it still posts all the time and no crashes have happened (not yet at least) , just takes a few seconds longer than it used to , and always stuck on debug code 04 , and Dram led on the mobo remaining lit when i '' turn the pc off '' ! Any solutions to this anomaly ?

My PC Specs
Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance 2666 mhz (3600 O.C) with XMP enabled.
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW2 (But plan to upgrade to an RTX 4080 Super very soon)
SSD: 2TB Samsung NVMe
PSU: NZXT 1200w Gold rated

Engels1991

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2015
IT WAS THE DIPLAY PORT CABLE LOL ! I scratched my head for 2 days until i came to a conclusion that it was a bad Display port cable causing these problems ! My motherboards debug code display was bugging out and was stuck on a single debug code and not displaing the post sequence when the pc is powering on ! And my hardware fault indicator led was lit when system wasn't powered on ! It was wery weird and cold sweat inducing ! Also i experienced boot issues ! Later while fiddling around my rig for a solution , i noticed the fault indicator ligths on the motherboard go off when in unpluged the faulty Display Port cable ! Tryed a different display port cable i had , and all seems to be ok now , debug led went to working normaly after every test restart i made and there were no hardware fault indications on the motherboard ! All because of a faulty display port cable ! Never EVER buy cables from JSAUX brand , bad for your PC health !

Last edited: