Question motherboard does not detect more than 2GB in any slots

X55

Jul 8, 2021
Hi.
During the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 my PC crashed. I believe the PC was overstressed due to its age. Currently I am with Windows 8.1 again. PC starts and works good with 2GB only in any slot. Apparently 2GB of RAM is not enough in modern days. If I install 4GB or 8GB stick it does not load even BIOS. Before the upgrade 8GB per slot was ok. There are no options in BIOS to make any changes for RAM. BIOS was reset a few times. All RAM sticks work well with another PC. Could you please provide your advice if you had such experience. Thank you.
My PC: i7-3770 (4 cores), Acer Predator G3260, 16-32GB RAM 4 slots.

Last edited:

X55

Jul 8, 2021
Hi. The 2GB and 4 GB RAM (same specs) worked well together before they were puled out from my another computer prebuilt by Hewlett Packard. The problem is the 2GB RAM works well in Acer Predator but this PC not able to detect 4GB or 8GB in any slots. Please note the new 2x8GB worked well in Acer Predator prior the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10. I think the issue might be with BIOS setting but there are no setting for memory. Does anyone had such issue?