Motherboard Drivers help?!

WhiteWraith

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014
I'm planning on reinstalling windows on my newly bought SSD, what Drivers do I need to reinstall on my PC? My motherboard is a MSI Z370 Gaming M5. I'm mainly confused if I need the drivers for the On-Board PIDE/SATA Drivers, the drivers under the "Other Drivers" tab and which one of the three drivers under the "LAN" tab I need.

Here is the site: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z370-GAMING-M5#down-driver&Win10%2064

Thank you and happy holidays!

Solution
Download the chipset driver, Killer network driver (driver only), and the Realtek driver (the 274MB file) if you're using the onboard sound.

The other things I would only download if you plan to use them (like Rapid Storage).

WhiteWraith

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014

Is the Rapid Storage only for RAID purposes because I won't be using RAID since I only have 1 SSD and the old SSHD I have on my system. Also do I need the Intel Management Engine Driver for the security breeches on Intel Processors? And thank you for helping out!

Supposedly RST can increase speeds on SATA drives not involved with RAID.

IME I've never installed so I can't comment, but it's supposed to run on its own and not intrude into your day-to-day activity.

You can install either or both, but my system has been fine without them.