Motherboard ethernet adapter not working

George1tsn

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
A few days ago during a storm, a lightning hit somewhere close. On that instant the Computer turned off and restarted by itself. After that I have no internet connection. Upon further inspection going into windows 10-> change network adapter settings, the folder is empty. Windows 10 can't find any network adapters installed.
After looking into everything I thought that the network adapted must be fried so I purchased a PCI-E network adapter card. I put it in the system but it doesn't seem to work and it doesn't get recognized by the system on either of the PCIE slots.
Question is, is the motherboard completely fried? If so then why are the rest of the components still working? (usb mouse and keyboard, onboard vga adapter, onboard sound adapter, CPU and RAMs)
Also the onboard network adapter light is always ON even if the system is powered-off and has nothing connected to it and even when I disabled the LAN onboard adapter from BIOS.
The mobo is: gigabyte h67ma-usb3-b3

I tried the recently purchased network card on another system and works perfectly in Windows 10 just plug and play nothing to note.
I also have an Ubuntu live CD for this kind of situation where maybe it's something wrong with Windows so I try if it works in Ubuntu and most of the times it does so then I try to figure what's wrong with Windows but this time nothing related to network is shown in Ubuntu.

To further my problems I can't find a motherboard to purchase with a socket 1155 so I am potentially looking for a new mobo+cpu which obviously will cost $$$ :(
just because that system is unable to connect to the internet but I kinda need it to.

Is there something else I can look into?