Question Motherboard f_panel header and pc case cables

Jul 19, 2024
Hello,

Recently build a pc with NZXT H9 Flow case and Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX V2 motherboard but I am confused on the cable that connects to the F_PANEL header.
Cable from the case labeled f_panel also connects to a chassis intrusion header CI -/+ pin, but only the negative pin.

Do I risk shorting my board? Am I missing a cable?

Can't find a similar problem anywhere.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/2880842/Gigabyte-B650-Aorus-Elite-Ax.html

20240717_211928.jpg

Ralston18

Titan
Are you using only the cables that came with the PSU?

What does the other end of that F_Panel connector look like? Where it that other end connected?

= = = =

Go to Gigabytes's website to get the applicable User Guide/Manual.

I found this link:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...1003_e.pdf?v=4c45ab42427f63796179763a3cfbceb8

Be sure to verify that I found the correct User Guide/Manual.

F_Panel is a double row of pins per physically numbered Page 25 of the User Manual.

From the User Manual, Page 25:

"The front panel design may differ by chassis. A front panel module mainly consists of power switch, reset switch, power LED, hard drive activity LED, speaker and etc. When connecting your chassis front panel module to this header, make sure the wire assignments and the pin assignments are matched correctly."

Take a very careful look at all the cables that may need to be connected to the case's front panel.

Not only plug by plug but pin by pin as well.

Reactions: DaveDaveDave1264
Its difficult to tell from the picture you uploaded. Based on H9 manual diagram one side of the plug should have only 2 wires and the other side has 4 wires. Is that how many wires you have? The side with the 4 wires goes in the inside part of that socket away from the MB edge toward the top of your picture which is labeled with the power switch and power led. That would be facing the top of your picture. The other side with only 2 wires should connect to the outer part of the socket close to the edge of the MB which is labelled for the HDD led.

Jul 19, 2024
My psu is fully modular so it is only provided with power cables for motherboard, gpu, sata, etc.
Those are all plugged in where they should.

The cables from the pc case are the usual cpu_fan, sys_fan and such. They all fit their respective headers but the only concern i have is with f_panel, which is the top of the case's usb ports, audio jack and power button. But this said cable only connects to the negative pin of the chassis intrusion pins. It is not reversed because it can only fit one way.

I was not provided with additional cables for my case (except 2 SATA), they were all already tied together inside.

Forgive the bad drawing and my phone's camera is low quality.

I also have and adapter for the cable I feel could actually be missing. Pictures below
Capture.PNG
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_e27168a7-e1a8-4219-b4b8-61dee9a33af5.jpg
61bM2X9JwVL.png

Jul 19, 2024
Its difficult to tell from the picture you uploaded. Based on H9 manual diagram one side of the plug should have only 2 wires and the other side has 4 wires. Is that how many wires you have? The side with the 4 wires goes in the inside part of that socket away from the MB edge toward the top of your picture which is labeled with the power switch and power led. That would be facing the top of your picture. The other side with only 2 wires should connect to the outer part of the socket close to the edge of the MB which is labelled for the HDD led.

You made me realize the bottom row connectors are actually hollow.
But also the manual shows a 6 wires cable but mine is 4. Anyway I guess it's not actually a problem.
I feel silly now lol. Made me paranoid about a short and a missing cable.

But still, thank you very much

image.png