MotherBoard Fan Questions

Hendra Setiawan

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
I Have 1 CPU Fan and 3 SysFan Header (all 4 pin)

1 CPU + 1 Sysfan is already used by the hyper 212x Turbo

1 Sysfan used by 1 exhaust fan at the back

and i have 1 more empty

and i already buy the Corsair af120(dual pack and 3 Pin) for my front case
So i only can use the 1 af120 fan ?
or is there any other way ?

i have a 4 pin peripheral connector on my modular PSU

Solution
A splitter is a cheap cable part ($5.00 or less) you can buy from almost any computer store and install yourself very easily(my middle school students did it), It is Y shaped and allows one header to power and control two fans. I have a pair of Corsair SP120s running that way because my motherboard has only one fan header.

It is OK to use every header provided.

Although it will be on full all the time, you can also poer a fan directly from your power supply using one of the Molex connector. Many fans include an adaptor for this purpose. Your PSU manual will identify the Molex connectors for you.

Hendra Setiawan

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

Sorry i dont know anything about this stuff
But i dont have any pwm splitter

another question , is it okay to use all of the sysfan slot ? (each sysfan slot occupied by 1 fan)

A splitter is a cheap cable part ($5.00 or less) you can buy from almost any computer store and install yourself very easily(my middle school students did it), It is Y shaped and allows one header to power and control two fans. I have a pair of Corsair SP120s running that way because my motherboard has only one fan header.

It is OK to use every header provided.

Although it will be on full all the time, you can also poer a fan directly from your power supply using one of the Molex connector. Many fans include an adaptor for this purpose. Your PSU manual will identify the Molex connectors for you.

Solution

Hendra Setiawan

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015

Thank You!