Motherboard for AMD 64 CPU

I'm build a new computer and I am considering
the AMD 64 3200 chip. What is the most stable
motherboard for that chip? I'm looking at
the Soyo CK8 Dragon Plus, Soyo K8USA Dragon
Ultra and the FIC K8-800T. Which do you think
is the most stable or give me a some better
choices.

Fitz

Here's a better forum:
http://forums.amd.com/index.php?
scroll down to the AMD64 section.

The MSI board seems to have a good following. I'm using the Gigabyte K8NNXP.
Its ok, but picky about memory. Had stability problems until I put some
Mushkin Level 1 Black PC3500 in it.

Fitz

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:46:53 +0000, Tyrone Pitts wrote:

> I'm build a new computer and I am considering
> the AMD 64 3200 chip. What is the most stable
> motherboard for that chip? I'm looking at
> the Soyo CK8 Dragon Plus, Soyo K8USA Dragon
> Ultra and the FIC K8-800T. Which do you think
> is the most stable or give me a some better
> choices.

I don't know what the others have. This one works good for me.
Jetway S755MAX.
Highest I tried was 215MHz fsb with mem in sync. Works fine using PC3700
ram at CL2.5.

somebody

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 06:03:31 GMT, Wes Newell
<w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:46:53 +0000, Tyrone Pitts wrote:
>
>> I'm build a new computer and I am considering
>> the AMD 64 3200 chip. What is the most stable
>> motherboard for that chip? I'm looking at
>> the Soyo CK8 Dragon Plus, Soyo K8USA Dragon
>> Ultra and the FIC K8-800T. Which do you think
>> is the most stable or give me a some better
>> choices.
>
>I don't know what the others have. This one works good for me.
>Jetway S755MAX.
>Highest I tried was 215MHz fsb with mem in sync. Works fine using PC3700
>ram at CL2.5.

I've been on the lookout for a SiS755 mobo for a while. Only one I've
seen sofar is ECS, and I don't want that. What's the impression of
Jetway as a manufacturer?

ancra

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts