Motherboard for HD7950! [HELP]

Liam2

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
So I recently bought a new Radeon HD7950 and my current motherboard does not work with it, so sadly I have to cough up some more cash and get a new motherboard, I was wondering which would be the best with a Radeon HD7950 and a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @3.00GHz, Also would I have to by windows 8/7 again?

Liam2

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
I found this the oem microsoft license agreement says:

“An upgrade of the motherboard is considered to result in a “new personal computer” to which Microsoft® OEM operating system software cannot be transferred from another computer. If the motherboard is upgraded or replaced for reasons other than a defect, then a new computer has been created and the license of new operating system software is required.”

if you have your own upgrade or full retail version of windows then do a new install after you've installed the motherboard."

So are you still sure windows 8 will carry over?? sorry for the late reply

You do not even have to reinstall it, BUT you will have to transfer (activate) it for it to run. The Win-8 will walk you thru this process. You can fresh install if you want ,but it is not necessary. Just plug the hardrive in and Win-8 will pick up the new set up.

That license statement is for win-7 ONLY.

Its easy ONE phone call to the automated system enter the 10sets of 10 numbers when prompted, your done.
Answer the question at the start "One computer". You will need internet connection working. ;)

Liam2

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Wow thanks a bunch man that really helps, was just weary of whether to buy it or not because of that statement but all is good now:D Ill do that in the next few days and let you know how it went:)