Question Motherboard/GPU Not Displaying - Help!

Apr 26, 2019
I built my PC roughly 5 months ago - used it at school with 0 issues. Now I'm at home after the semester is over and the GPU and motherboard won't display anything. All fans kick on except for the GPU's, which spin up then turn off after ~5 seconds. Could this be because the power from my outlets at home aren't enough...?

Here are my parts:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core
MB - MSI B350 PC Mate ATX AM4
Ram - 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3000
GPU - XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB AREX Dual OC
PS - EVGA 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
it's normal for RX cards' fans to spin up at first then turn off. It's implemented so when the system is idle, the card makes no noise. Make absolutely sure everything is plugged in (monitor power cable, too; it's happened to me). Make sure the monitor is switched on, and try different video sources, if that is applicable. Try running the system off the iGPU after removing the RX 580. If you hear any beeps (POST beep codes) other than one short beep, there is an identifiable problem and the sequence of beeps would be useful to know.

I built my PC roughly 5 months ago - used it at school with 0 issues. Now I'm at home after the semester is over and the GPU and motherboard won't display anything. All fans kick on except for the GPU's, which spin up then turn off after ~5 seconds. Could this be because the power from my outlets at home aren't enough...?

Here are my parts:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core
MB - MSI B350 PC Mate ATX AM4
Ram - 2 x 8 GB DDR4-3000
GPU - XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB AREX Dual OC
PS - EVGA 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified

Should have nothing to do with the power at your house. One thing here, you said you used it at school but it did not work at home. So you moved it from school to home, and it never turned on? My guess would be something got loose or broke during the move. What exactly did you try already? Did you reseat all the components?

Reactions: Metal Messiah.