Motherboard GPU works isntead of the Graphics Card

Jul 6, 2018
Hi guys, basically I got myself my final dream PC, but now have a bit of a problem. My monitor is Asus vx279Q, has hdmi and vga ports. When I connect my PC to monitor via HDMI and try to turn it on, it just says "VGA no signal" and turns off after short while, but when I connect PC to TV via Hdmi, it gives a picture just fine. Further, when used with TV, I think that my graphics card ain't working at all - because it is shown as passive on CAM, and if I try to run any game, I get like 3-4 fps, which led me to conclusion that I'm using my motherboard GPU. The further problem is that the only hdmi port I have is at top of my tower, where the motherboard also seems to be connected, while my graphics card seems to have only a DVI-D port, so I think I'm plugging my hdmi into the motherboard itself. So basically, what can I do to run my graphics card instead of the internal GPU on motherboard? Do i need to reassemble the PC, or get some sort of adapter? I've been a lifelong Mac user, so I'm a noob at this.

My graphics card is MSI Gaming X 1080ti, and Motherboard Maximus X hero Wifi-AC, if that helps at all. Both work perfectly well, as I tested the MSI in FurMark and it works completely fine.

Solution
You need to make sure you're connecting the displays to the HDMI output of the graphics card and not the motherboard. Your graphics card has two HDMI outputs and two DisplayPort output below the HDMI outputs.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
You need to make sure you're connecting the displays to the HDMI output of the graphics card and not the motherboard. Your graphics card has two HDMI outputs and two DisplayPort output below the HDMI outputs.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jul 6, 2018
Thank you, turns out im a bit retarded and had 4 sort of pins which covered cards hdmi ports, while i though they were there to add extra stability to the graphics card. Thank you indeed.