[SOLVED] Motherboard help, no display from GPU after installing new motherboard and cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2020
Good day everyone.

I wanted to upgrade from my I7-7700 (non-k) to an AMD Ryzen 3900. In order to do so, I needed to upgrade from my primitive AS-Rock B250M to an MSI MPG X-570 Gaming Edge Wi-Fi motherboard. After installation, there was no display from the GPU (I own an RTX 2070). The fans spin, but there is a green LED for the text that says "RTX 2070" at the front that does not light up.

I do not know if this means the GPU doesn't power on, or if it's only powered-on partly. I am new to PC building (I actually bought this pre-built) and this is my first time I ever replaced my motherboard; but I'm sure I connected everything correctly including the GPU PCIe cables.

I'm just a little stumped because the last time I had an issue with the GPU, it was because my power supply wasn't cutting it. At the time is was 440W I believe? At the moment it's a CX650M so I don't see what the issue is. I downloaded the newest BIOS for this new motherboard onto the USB, and I'm trying to make sure I've covered all possible issues before I narrow the issue down to an empty BIOS.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
May 9, 2020
Update:

Fixed it. Just redid everything (cables, components, etc) and it worked. Unfortunately, Speccy no longer tells me the CPU temp or the full information of the RAM I am using. I don't really care about the RAM, but knowing my CPU temps are important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.