Motherboard ideas for my 2600x

andyl49

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Basically I'm looking to upgrade to a ryzen 2600x, question is what motherboard should i get with this without dropping more or near what the the cpu is worth? Is the MSI Gaming pro carbon a good choice with this CPU and corsair vengeance RGB 16gb 3000mhz?

I probably wont upgrade again in the next 4/5 years and any overclocking will only be done in the last year (if its even needed)!

All I'm looking for is a MB that will be straight forward plug in a go, RGB on the board and headers, in case want to put a strip in the case (i can live without this), can accept a wifi adapter, utilize the usb 3 on the front of my case.

Any ideas appreciated

Oct 4, 2018
The pro carbon is a beautiful board, the MSI B450 tomahawk is also outstanding “that’s what I have” I own a 5 2600 non X because you can save your $ and auto clock up to it anyway.

andyl49

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016

I'm really basic on OC things, i only OC my current 8320 5 months ago so i figured the 2600x would be the better choice for me with the higher out the box speed.
I'm not that familiar with BIOS stuff either so my main concern is that the 3000mhz RAM wont be recognized and I'd have to scale it back or i'd have to do some sort of BIOs update.

TRENDING THREADS