[SOLVED] Motherboard internal speaker

Feb 25, 2020
I have a dell optiplex motherboard which has a 5 pin slot for the internal speaker on the mobo, but there are 4 pin speakers on amazon, can I use the 4 pin on the 5 pin slot on mobo?

Solution
I have a dell optiplex motherboard which has a 5 pin slot for the internal speaker on the mobo, but there are 4 pin speakers on amazon, can I use the 4 pin on the 5 pin slot on mobo?
Probably... but you'll have to identify which of the 5 pins are the two that feed output to the speaker.

You also might have to extract the sockets from it and slip them onto the motherboard pins if the 4 pin connector doesn't fit to make contact with the correct pins.
Probably... but you'll have to identify which of the 5 pins are the two that feed output to the speaker.

You also might have to extract the sockets from it and slip them onto the motherboard pins if the 4 pin connector doesn't fit to make contact with the correct pins.

Solution