Question Motherboard issues on Lenovo B50-80 laptop with Intel i3-4030U ?

Jul 30, 2023
Lenovo b50-80 Motherbord Intel I3-4030U Model Number '4519rx38l52'

Laptop worked fine in case no problem with booting or entering BIOS

After removing from case, attaching VGA monitor, attaching external power supply and connecting all peripherals to motherboard and pressing the "poweron" switch which is on its own peripheral board I cannot get the board to boot up.

There is an LED that is lighting up when the power supply is connected so I can see that power is reaching the motherboard

I honestly am aware that sometimes a motherboard will not boot if certain components are not connected. Since I had to disconnect them in order to remove the board I have connected as shown on the attached images and below... however this does not seem to make any difference

Green Lit LED showing power to board is circled in image

Any suggestions/advises highly appreciated!

7t0uD3R.jpg

tfHtRrS.jpg

ZKl6c99.jpg

The list of components connected to the board:

- power supply connection
- speaker
- SD hard drive
- cd-rom attachment
- trackpad
- power switch
- power LED
- sound card

Aug 15, 2023
Lenovo b50-80 Motherbord Intel I3-4030U Model Number '4519rx38l52'

Laptop worked fine in case no problem with booting or entering BIOS

After removing from case, attaching VGA monitor, attaching external power supply and connecting all peripherals to motherboard and pressing the "poweron" switch which is on its own peripheral board I cannot get the board to boot up.

There is an LED that is lighting up when the power supply is connected so I can see that power is reaching the motherboard

I honestly am aware that sometimes a motherboard will not boot if certain components are not connected. Since I had to disconnect them in order to remove the board I have connected as shown on the attached images and below... however this does not seem to make any difference

Green Lit LED showing power to board is circled in image

Any suggestions/advises highly appreciated!

7t0uD3R.jpg

tfHtRrS.jpg

ZKl6c99.jpg

The list of components connected to the board:

- power supply connection
- speaker
- SD hard drive
- cd-rom attachment
- trackpad
- power switch
- power LED
- sound card
https://www.s-manuals.com/motherboard/compal_la-b092p, here you will find schematic for your motherboard , but first you need to disconnect all components , battery and also disconnect power source , connect only the power button , disconnect also bios battery, keep pressing power button for 15 sec to drain out curent, after that with all disconnected short bios battery pins for 5 sec , measure bios battery, should have 3.3 v , if is ok put in bios battery,put in ram and connect power cable , if all ok the fan will spin and laptop will boot up , if not on schematic find bios chip and measure voltage on pin 8 if is no voltage there it is an electronic problem with mb and need to take it in a service on order for them to determine the exact issue , if you have voltage but still don't work could be a bios problem and need to be reprogrammed, or also you can check ram to be ok , hope will help you .

TRENDING THREADS