Motherboard jumper pin doesn't fit in the pin

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017
Motherboard:ASUS Prime X370-Pro AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 ATX X370 Motherboard with AURA Sync RGB Lighting

I lost my original jumper cap so I bought a 100 pack on Amazon (Link: https://www.amazon.com/2-54mm-Standard-Computer-Jumper-100pack/dp/B00N552DWK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534290490&sr=8-3&keywords=jumper+cap ) It does fit into my jumper pin but it didn't fully cover the pin, will it still work? Also, someone told me to short it with a screwdriver, but I don't know how to do it. Please give me the instruction on how to do it, along with some pics will be great. Thanks in advance.

Here's my pin:

Here's the pin with jumper cap on. I don't know if you can see it or not, but the cap doesn't fully cover the pin:

Solution
You mean the jumper won't go all the way down on the pins? That doesn't matter, it will still work. I don't recommend using screwdriver for that as you risk shorting/touching something else with the blade or it slipping off.

(don't know what your pics were supposed to show - - beats me).
You mean the jumper won't go all the way down on the pins? That doesn't matter, it will still work. I don't recommend using screwdriver for that as you risk shorting/touching something else with the blade or it slipping off.

(don't know what your pics were supposed to show - - beats me).

Solution

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017

Yeah, sorry for the crappy picture. It was showing the cap doesn't go all the way down on the pins. If you look closely, there's a small gap between the pin and the cap

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017

Hey man, after I reset the cmos I realized that when I turn on the pc, there's no beeping sound (there's usually one beeping sound when I pushed the power button) but the screen still remained black, did it work?