[SOLVED] Motherboard lights up but won’t boot. I really need help!

ReMAKe

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Hello, I really need help with this since I need to get a huge project done Tuesday and my pc is just not working, and want to know if one of the componentes came in faulty so I can rma it immediately.

So I been waiting a little over a month for my processor to arrive (3950x) so I can start my new build, put all the pieces together, but it won’t boot.

Here’s a few things I’ve done.

1. I’ve made sure psu is plugged in and plugged into cpu port.
  2. Removed graphics card, ram to make sure if any of those were causing the issue.
  3. Took the radiator off, cpu to make sure it wasn’t placed incorrectly.
  4. Cmos.
  5. Made sure pled, reset, are all set in the right location.
  6. Removed external ssd.
  7. Used another psu I have laying around.

Yet the same issues persist. All I get is the motherboard turning all the lights on itself on. So I thought it could be a psu issue, but using another one was the same. Which has made me think the motherboard is the issue; however, all the lights turning on is weird.

What do you think is the issue?

This is my build.

Ryzen 3950x.

X570 crosshair viii hero.

Photon 750 psu.

Cooler master aio 360.

64gb trident royal ram.

Is there any way to know for sure if the motherboard is the issue? I’m about to just take it to a repair shop if I can’t figure this out so they can tell me what part is the issue and then rma since this has to be the most stressful build I’ve ever done. Probably 10-15 hours and can’t find a solution.

ReMAKe

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
If disconnecting the 8 pin CPU power cable and starting the board, do case fans spin?
No. When I did that and turned the board back on I got a red light appearing next to the 8 pin cpu.

Which is what’s weird. When certain components are missing, the motherboard does a good job of telling me they’re missing. How likely is it the issue is the motherboard?

Any single test I can do to si for it out?

ReMAKe

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016

ReMAKe

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Have you tried updating the BIOS? According to the support page the 3950X was not supported by the earlier BIOS versions and needs to be at least version 0901. As you have a flashback feature this should be easy to do without a compatible cpu.
Wouldn’t the fans at least turn on though? I’ll try doing that after I get access to another motherboard. Thank you.

ReMAKe

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Then it could be a board issue, supposing that the power supply does work.
Yeah I used another pay I had and the same issues occurred. On my way to get a new motherboard to check it out. If it works, then I’ll rma this one.

I can set it up outside just like I did this one correct? Just connecting the fans, power, cpu to see if it turns on?

Hopefully it works cause if that doesn’t then idk what else to do. I’ll be back to post the outcome. Thank you so much for all your help.

ReMAKe

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
You're welcome.
Yes, try testing it firstly outside the case and updating this thread.
Tried new motherboard. Everything seemed to be working. Put everything in case, but how monitor says no signal. God dammit! If it isn’t one thing it’s another, I’m so close to quitting. The led is white which in the manual means vga. It was initially yellow, which is dram. Took the ram off, reinserted then went to white.

ReMAKe

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Fixes the issue of the monitor - but the fix is weird. If I connect hdmi, it displays a signal and I can see desktop and everything works.

The issue was because I was using a display port; however, I need display port and not hdmi. Anyone know why this is occurring?