motherboard limit for storage

Jun 12, 2018
I have the Aurora R7 desktop coming soon. And I am trying to find some information regarding upgrades,

My machine has a i7-8700k cpu and 1080 ti video card,
a 128 ssd m.2 as the main drive and a 2b 7200 rpm hdd as secondary storage.

Because of a mistake on Amazon, I will be receiving 3 expensive items by mistake

They sent me 3 NVME 1TB M.2s.

Returns and refunds would be a hassle at the moment.

The situation would not be so bad if my machine can take them.

I can buy PCIE to M.2 adapters or whatever else would help me expand storage.

but the question is:

Will my machine have room for them?

and reality (not just in specs) is there any limitation on how many gigabytes of storage I can add?

it should have room for a pcie to m.2 adapter.
you would need to notify dell, about your upgrade if you intend to keep your warranty.
and i don't think there is a limit on the capacity of your storage, however there is a limit on the total number of drives connecting to the motherboard (limitation of high speed io lane provided by chipset and numbre of i/o physically present on your mobo.

Jun 12, 2018
The problem is that Dell won't give me any answer beyond their sales answer, i.e that their motherboard support the preset configurations that they sell. So any talk of adapters and technical possibilities beyond what they sell, gets you a scripted answer that is not helpful.

im not saying to call them for answer,

You need to inform your configuration change so your warranty still holds.

As for compatibility, open up the case, and to see if the mobo has slot occupied or not, some dell uses pcie based ssd as opposed to m.2

Jun 12, 2018
Delivery of Alienware machine is next week, so I can't open and check.
And hard drives are coming today or tomorrow, so finding an answer to my question asap helps me out because I might be able to find someone who will take them back if I am not too late.