Question Motherboard may be out again

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
CyberPowerPC GXiVR8060A10
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
MB: GIGABYTE B460M DS3H V2
CPU: Intel i5-10400F
RAM: XPG Z1 DDR4 3000MHz (PC4 24000) 16GB (2x8GB)
PSU: CORSAIR - CX-M Series CX750M
Storage: NVMe M.2 500GB SSD and ADATA USA Ultimate Su800 1TB 3D Nand 2.5 Inch SATA III

My son's CyberPowerPC GXiVR8060A10 has issues again. I had the motherboard go out Dec 2021 and changed it ... and it worked great all this time.
About a week ago I updated the bios... and everything was good. A few days ago, his PC turned on, but it booted into Bios ... I used Hiren's boot to get into system to see what was up.
There was no C: (main drive with windows boot). the other storage drive (which I called Z:) was showing up, but it was called X: (very strange). I ran sfc /scannow and it showed errors that were fixed, some not fixed. after starting up a few times, it booted back up okay and was good. Then windows update wanted system to go to Windows 11, my son was holding out on updating. we updated it to Windows 11 and everything was working great. he gamed all night.
yesterday after he woke up his system was dead. it couldn't boot up or start. no lights, nothing. I did notice the fan moved a little when I would reset the power cord into it and hit start button.
I took out CMOS battery and changed it. nothing.
Do you think this is a motherboard issue? doesn't sound like a PSU issue, right?

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
i wouldn't trust the CXm series with anything above an office-related system.

whether it has now died itself or caused issue with your motherboard(s) are both possibilities.

was it included in the original prebuilt system or later replaced?
how long has it been in use?
Not the original. I changed it out in 2021 and it's been running since. I know, it's a 80 PLUS Bronze. I should have put Gold.

something like the HX Series™ HX750 would be good?
those are considered pretty high tier units.
and the RMx series has become very popular and can be found from most retailers.

Tom's has some good threads related to PSU ratings etc like;

Reactions: Tommy Sawyer

Tommy Sawyer

Commendable
Aug 20, 2021
those are considered pretty high tier units.
and the RMx series has become very popular and can be found from most retailers.

Tom's has some good threads related to PSU ratings etc like;

Thanks. I like your name ... JohnBonhamsGhost ... it's funny that I have his photo as my profile pic. Love John, definitely my favorite drummer.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost