[SOLVED] Motherboard Memory BIOS issue

Dragonxul

Prominent
Mar 9, 2019
So I have this problem, that just started not too long ago. My PC will no longer XMP my RAM or OC my CPU, but before I changed the thermal paste it was working gorgeously. Also, in Windows task manager, it detects only 8/16GB of RAM available, but CPU-Z and bios say there is 16GBs. I can no longer overclock, as my PC reset, (about twice.) to set BIOS to default settings. I never touched or broken anything, it’s something odd that I want fixed, as RMA for my motherboard says go to retailer.

SPECS:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
MB: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0
Memory: OLOy WarHawk 16GB 3200mhz 16-18-18-36
GPU: XFX RX-580 GTS Black Edition
PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000s Modular
Storage: 2 Western Digital 1TB Blue

Solution
Have you tried each RAM module individually in each slot?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?

Also excess pressure from the cooler onto the CPU can cause RAM problems. If you reapplied thermal paste, it may be worth checking the tightness of your cooler after reapplication.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Also excess pressure from the cooler onto the CPU can cause RAM problems. If you reapplied thermal paste, it may be worth checking the tightness of your cooler after reapplication.

Solution

Dragonxul

Prominent
Mar 9, 2019

I have actually found out the problem, it was my mistake. The top right CPU pin responsible for memory on the motherboard was bent, while the others were not. I carefully bent it back and everything was fine.

Reactions: PC Tailor