Question Motherboard Metal Spark

May 9, 2019
I have brand new Dell G3 laptop with fan revving issue, i tried to open back cover for investigating today and tried to reattach fan supplies, but stupidly used tweezers and the are i show on picture get sparked. Will be there an issue with my motherboard? Computer works fine but wont charge to %100 now stuck at %99.. need some help..

If you fried a motherboard part, two options, replace motherboard or the part, or live with system charging to 99%. It's new, you did not contact support for the fan issue? Which is probably normal for a gaming system that is thinner. Some of the fan noise issues with laptops are often known issues and they are partially fixed with a newer BIOS and some other updates to the thermal sensor. I have a lot of systems at work with loud fan issues, BIOS update helps a bit, although they still rev up a lot.

Also sounded like you were working on the laptop with the battery or wall power attached without draining full power from the motherboard, another really bad thing to do.

It could be a coincidence; your battery may actually be the problem, not that MOSFET. Try a full discharge (o%) of the battery; this might re-calibrate it and allow it to charge to 100% again.

Are you sure your battery didn't charge to 100% and then begin to slowly discharge? Some laptops stop delivering power to the battery until it drops roughly 5% from a full charge, then resumes charging.