Motherboard New standoffs

Dave8671

Distinguished
I have this model case
https://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Design-Core-2500-Computer/dp/B00KM4B1W0

This case came with standoffs but I ran into an issue with the stand offs when I was checking on the case. My screws do not fix the standoffs in the case to small of thread. I am missing one stand off that I will need for the full ATX MB.

I found many sizes on line but no screws with the standoffs. Best options for getting the right size if that is a issue?

Solution

Dave8671

Distinguished
I contacted factal see what they reply. I see no parts list on the website for this case.

Delaro the second link is a 404 not found maybe you missed part of tge link or newegg has a issue. But thanks all. The issue with my screws is they fall right into the standoff to small diameter. Once i find a replacement i am recycling the old standoffs I have.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
And you are positive you have the right screws? Most case manufacturers include 3-4 different screw sizes that all look similar. The screws that 'fall into the standoffs' are most likely the screws used to secure hdd/optical to the drive bays (regardless of tool-less designs they are usually also included). There should also be slightly larger screws for use on drives and the mobo standoff males. On my fractal, the standoff screws are black, frame screws are silver.

ATX standoffs can vary. Standard procedure calls for 9 standoffs, but some case designers have gone to 8 standoffs, the 9th is a centrally located spike that's used as an alignment pin. It's common to itx, mATX and ATX mobo's. Check the motherboard mount, there's probably a pin already in the center.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador

They just deleted that link and discontinued the item, this is the closest from Newegg which is similar to the one listed above. Screws & Standoffs Set DIY Assemble Assortment Kit for Mother Board 240Pcs Pack with Screwdriver $9 This is the only part you would need "Main board Fixed Screw:Cross Head Screws with washer 3*6/5 20Pcs" from that set.

The actual kit from Fractual can be found here.

Core 13/15/23/2500 Accessory Kit
Item number: SP-FD-ACCKIT-002

Solution

Dave8671

Distinguished
No reply from fractal I am not waiting. Thank for the part link delaro. I was on the USA website I see nothing like that there. Of course if I type fractal core 2500 i3,i5 accessory kit

the link pops in in de. why did I think Fractal was a US company god knows. I am ordering 2 of the kits and recycling my old standoffs. No my screws I have do not fit the standoffs.