Motherboard not detecting graphics card

Jul 26, 2018
I just finished my first build and when i did the first power on everything indicated it has power. I hooked up the monitor via display port to the onboard slot and setup the bios. After that I installed the drivers and that is where i ran into the problem. I went into the BIOS and in the GPU Configuration page it shows no card in the PCIe slot. i checked the second slot and still nothing. When i try installing the correct drivers it tells me it cannot detect any AMD hardware and exits.

Here is a list of things I've tried:
Plugged the Graphics card into a different PCIe slot, no luck.
Made sure the BIOS is up to date, no luck.
Checked the Device Manager for hidden devices, nothing.
Updated Windows 10, no luck.
tried installing drivers from Asus and AMD, same result.
Made sure the OS, BIOS, and what drivers I could install were all booting from the same hard drive, no luck.
These were all based off of solutions I've found on this and other sites

Additional info for you:
The graphics card is an Asus Radeon Strix Vega 64
The MOBO is an Asus Maximus X Hero Wifi AC
When i plug the display cable into the GPU nothing displays
I checked to make sure the ports and pins on the card aren't damaged
I looked for the DIMM switch but i did not see any on this particular motherboard

I've been around computers a long time but this is definitely a first. I'm hoping the brilliant minds here can help me out. Thank you in advance.

Jul 26, 2018

This card has 2 display ports on it and when I connect the cable to it there is no picture. I've tried restarting with it already plugged in and the same result in both ports. This card has leds on it and they all light up as well so i know the card is getting power and is connected properly

Jul 26, 2018

Its posted in the 3rd line of additional info but that's neither here or there lol... here's the rest of the specs:
Crucial 250gb SSD (runs Windows 10)
Barracuda 7200rpm 2TB hdd
8700k i7 coffee lake
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram 2400mhz
EVGA 650W Gold 80+ ATX fully modular PSU
here is a link to my part list on pcpartpicker https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3JHkjy