[SOLVED] motherboard or cpu fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2019
my computer works normally but when I turn it off and leave it plugged in for a while when trying to turn it on again to use it turns on but there is no video on the screen.

after that I disconnect the plug and connect again and the computer works normally.

Can someone help me?

D

Deleted member 14196

Seems like a motherboard or power supply issue. You can try using the power supply in your friend's PC or something to check if it's happening with his PC with your power supply. You should try it if you can.
agree. most likely a psu issue (I have seen this several times at work and it was usually always the psu), else as mentioned above, mobo issues.

Reactions: Rohit_Ajay123
Sep 7, 2019
Seems like a motherboard or power supply issue. You can try using the power supply in your friend's PC or something to check if it's happening with his PC with your power supply. You should try it if you can.

i have another old lga 775 computer with a cpu tdp even bigger than my pentium the source didn't present any problem, i am really in doubt that the problem is cpu, memory or bios.

Sep 7, 2019
agree. most likely a psu issue (I have seen this several times at work and it was usually always the psu), else as mentioned above, mobo issues.

I bought another cpu on aliexpress and another memory stick to test, as it is an old computer if the problem is the motherboard I will think about replacing it, since it is not expensive on the same site where I bought the cpu

Rohit_Ajay123

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
I bought another cpu on aliexpress and another memory stick to test, as it is an old computer if the problem is the motherboard I will think about replacing it, since it is not expensive on the same site where I bought the cpu
Try the ones u bought, if that too doesn't work, it's most likely a motherboard issue. You should also make sure all the motherboard power connectors.etc are all connected properly and aren't loosely connected just to make sure once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS