Question Motherboard orange light is on and monitor is showing no hdmi

Jun 25, 2023
Recently i have tried to upgrade my pc by installing a new motherboard as well as dram and cpu but my monitor shows no hdmi and the orange light on the motherboard is on for a solid 20 sec after turning on. I have tried to reseat the dram as well as my graphics card. I have tried a different monitor and graphics card. I have also updated my bios to the newest version. I even tried to reset the monitor on the monitor settings as well as disconnecting the cables to the monitor and then reconnecting them back but nothing worked help me.

New parts
Kingston Furybeast DDR5
Intel core i5-13400F
Rog strix b660-a motherboard

Old parts
Asus GEFORCE GTX 1660 super

Asus VG27AQ 27​

And tre basic fans no water cooling these tre fans are also noctua
As well as a

Noctua NH-U12S 120mm CPU​

rgd1101

Don't
brand and model of the psu?

Rog strix b660-a might need a bios update for the cpu

are you sure it is orange? look at where the orange light at
- Q-LED (CPU [red], DRAM [yellow], VGA [white], Boot Device [yellow green])

Jun 25, 2023
brand and model of the psu?

Rog strix b660-a might need a bios update for the cpu

are you sure it is orange? look at where the orange light at
- Q-LED (CPU [red], DRAM [yellow], VGA [white], Boot Device [yellow green])
I have already updated the bios and it look orange to me but its on the dram LED and PSU is CORSAIR HX 750W crosair professional series

Ralston18

Titan
Will add further suggestions.

This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...19549_ROG_STRIX_B660-A_GAMING_WIFI_UM_WEB.pdf

Any beep codes? (Is there a speaker installed)?

In any case, first read through the User Manual to get an overview of the motherboard.

Then work through the User Manual page by page to double check all connections and configuration settings.

Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections (Page 1-19) are fully and firmly in place.

With a new build (no one wants to force anything) so something that feels "connected" may not be fully connected.

Carefully unplug and replug (or seat/unseat) as necessary to ensure smooth firm connections.

Hopefully just some simple error of omission or commission.

Jun 25, 2023
Will add further suggestions.

This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...19549_ROG_STRIX_B660-A_GAMING_WIFI_UM_WEB.pdf

Any beep codes? (Is there a speaker installed)?

In any case, first read through the User Manual to get an overview of the motherboard.

Then work through the User Manual page by page to double check all connections and configuration settings.

Verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections (Page 1-19) are fully and firmly in place.

With a new build (no one wants to force anything) so something that feels "connected" may not be fully connected.

Carefully unplug and replug (or seat/unseat) as necessary to ensure smooth firm connections.

Hopefully just some simple error of omission or commission.
I have checked it firmly in the socket and in the right order yet it still hasn’t changed anything

Spacebit

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2015
Sadly i did not resolve it, and just took the pc to a repair shop still waitng for a reply form the shop
That sucks man. I didn't resolve it either. Tried new RAM sticks, different combinations, new PSU, reseated CPU, tried breadboarding. Nothing worked.
Thanks for the reply. Tomorrow I will call the seller for RMA.