Question Motherboard Orange Light Won't Start

Varnexx

Reputable
Apr 12, 2019
Hello All,

So to start I have an Asus Rog Strix z370-E Gaming motherboard. I built my PC and have made many upgrades and have never had issues when booting up.

Recently I ordered cable mods and a new PSU. I went from a Thermaltake 650W to a Thermaltake 750W. Everything was uninstalled and new PSU/Cables reinstalled, and all cables hooked up and connected tight.

Went to power on, RGB's on motherboard light up, no fans running, SOLID orange light, and won't power on. Could the front panel connectors be incorrect, causing the power button to just not be functioning?

PLEASE HELP!

P.S. No peripherals are connected while attempting to boot

Varnexx

Reputable
Apr 12, 2019
UPDATE

So stupid me I had the proper cables plugged into motherboard, however I had the PCI-E and the CPU switched around on the PSU. So I switched those two to the correct ports on the PSU and started right up.

Now I have another issue. I have no picture on monitor. RGB's on GPU are lit up and fans are running so it's receiving power. Why would I have no picture to monitor.

Varnexx

Reputable
Apr 12, 2019
SOLVED

Your suggestion wasn't the solution but contributed. All I had to do was remove the GPU and re seat it on the motherboard. Must have not been seated correctly after moving the tower around for installation.

Thank you for trying to help!