[SOLVED] Motherboard Power Help !

Oct 6, 2020
Hi .. I'm new to this. My (Old) PC has suddenly decided to not power-up

Its a Asus Z170-K motherboard and Aerocool Integrator 500W power supply. All was supplied by Mesh computers.

The motherboard LED is on - green. \But nothing happened when I press the start button on the case. I tracked down the appropriate pins on teh MB and shorted .. nothing.

I have performed the paperclip test on the PSU and all fans come on and disk drive spluttered into life.

I have changed the CMOS battery which was well and truly dead .

Any advice on next steps for checking greatly appreciated

NB recently I have been getting a BIOS error message "BlInitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000001" on start .. but after 1 reboot (sometimes 2) allways started .. could this be any form of clue ?

Cheers

Rich

Solution
I admire your attempts for finding reason, seriously. The thing is, many times it's not as simple as we might think. For example, even if voltages on 24-pin connector seems to be ok, what happens when PC is turned on, or/and PSU is under load? Sometimes short spikes (voltage drops) can cause system to behave strange or stops working.
As you mentioned, your system is kinda old by now and I have no clue what reputation Aerocool PSU's have. That is, I would probably try to find/borrow some used (100% working) PSU and see if that solves the problem.
Oct 6, 2020
I have taken out the 24 pin power socket .. and tested most of the connectors to see what voltage I was getting .. only found a couple with any voltage (The BM manual has a diagram showing all the pins, voltages and GND).
Should I see the correct voltages on this test .. can this be a PSU issue even though the motherboard light is on and it passes the paperclip test ??

I admire your attempts for finding reason, seriously. The thing is, many times it's not as simple as we might think. For example, even if voltages on 24-pin connector seems to be ok, what happens when PC is turned on, or/and PSU is under load? Sometimes short spikes (voltage drops) can cause system to behave strange or stops working.
As you mentioned, your system is kinda old by now and I have no clue what reputation Aerocool PSU's have. That is, I would probably try to find/borrow some used (100% working) PSU and see if that solves the problem.

Solution