Discussion motherboard power issues

electrode131

Prominent
Jun 10, 2020
I recently have been getting parts for my pc and generally finishing my beget built but when I went to plug in everything my motherboard that was used but in perfect condition wouldn't turn on at all and i knew the motherboard was fine I think because the indicator light was on and I tested if my psu was fine and it is but for some reason even with every other component thats not needed attached and it still doesn't boot at all the psu dosent even power on and asus support isn't working they want my serial number that I dont know or have and if I did It would be expired by now what should I do?

specs

motherboard Asus H61M-E/INTEL CORE I5 good condition

8GB DDR4 RAM new

4tb seagate HDD new

rtx 2060 new

300W cooler master RS-500-PCAR-D3 GOOD CODIGION PROVEN WORKING

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

You should be able to find the motherboard's version number and serial number printed on the motherboard.

The serial number is needed to identify the motherboard with respect to build, components, specs, requirements.

Start by going to the ASUS website to find the applicable User Guide/Manual

Indicator lights vary as to purpose and meaning especially if they present different colors and perhaps flash or not.

And there are often multiple LEDs so you need to know what any given or specific LED is indicating. That information is provided in the motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

While the case is open double check that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Refer to the User Guide/Manual to ensure that all are truly supported and, if so, properly configured.

Read all notes, warnings, and fine print. If direct to go on line for up-to-date information do so.

Also look for the applicable installation instructions and end user documentation for all installed components. Including the case.

Hopefully the problem is simply some error of omission or commission.

electrode131

Prominent
Jun 10, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

You should be able to find the motherboard's version number and serial number printed on the motherboard.

The serial number is needed to identify the motherboard with respect to build, components, specs, requirements.

Start by going to the ASUS website to find the applicable User Guide/Manual

Indicator lights vary as to purpose and meaning especially if they present different colors and perhaps flash or not.

And there are often multiple LEDs so you need to know what any given or specific LED is indicating. That information is provided in the motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

While the case is open double check that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Refer to the User Guide/Manual to ensure that all are truly supported and, if so, properly configured.

Read all notes, warnings, and fine print. If direct to go on line for up-to-date information do so.

Also look for the applicable installation instructions and end user documentation for all installed components. Including the case.

Hopefully the problem is simply some error of omission or commission.
I did most if not all those things looking at the manual connections and countless videos i could only find that the one led on the motherboard being a solid light green means it in standby but thats it i cant find anything on the motherboard that may be causing the problem other than maybe a faulty cap or something but even looking at the motherboard dosent yield any helpful results.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you saying that the system works if only the motherboard and PSU are on. Still you need some display to know for sure that all is working as expected.... Boot drive, keyboard/mouse are also needed.

Or is your meaning that the system is using iGPU for display and not a separate, independent GPU (RTX_2060)?

The power requirement differences between iGPU and a slotted (PCIe) GPU are significant.