Question Motherboard problem

Aug 21, 2024
I have decide to upgrade my gaming pc after buying the parts I have ran into a problem the pc will turn on stay on post screen till i go into bios then when I exit goes to blue screen and says "This program can only run on a lenovo system" it allows me to press ok shuts off then keeps doing the same again. I have an intel build right now but trying to upgrade the parts, the os is windows 10 on hard drive. The prime mb and core i7 both came from ebay used in good condition. I have tried to reset bios by removing battery but no difference. I do not know how to solve this and not good of the workings on the inside, what can i do to make this work or is this a lost cause?
The parts I have

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have decide to upgrade my gaming pc after buying the parts I have ran into a problem the pc will turn on stay on post screen till i go into bios then when I exit goes to blue screen and says "This program can only run on a lenovo system" it allows me to press ok shuts off then keeps doing the same again. I have an intel build right now but trying to upgrade the parts, the os is windows 10 on hard drive. The prime mb and core i7 both came from ebay used in good condition. I have tried to reset bios by removing battery but no difference. I do not know how to solve this and not good of the workings on the inside, what can i do to make this work or is this a lost cause?
The parts I have
So your trying to use your old drive with windows already on it?

USAFRet

Titan
Yes, do I need to wipe the drive?
That absolutely needs a full wipe and reinstall.

Aug 21, 2024
That absolutely needs a full wipe and reinstall.

That's my problem I didn't think of that. Thank you so much for answering and link.

USAFRet

Titan
That's my problem I didn't think of that. Thank you so much for answering and link.
Any motherboard change needs a fresh OS install.

Trying to use a new motherboard with old drive+OS has 3 possible outcomes:
1. It works just fine.
2. It fails completely.
3. It "works", but you're chasing issues for weeks/months.

I've personally seen all 3.

#1 is the least likely outcome.