[SOLVED] Motherboard purchase advice needed

i6pwr

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
I'm currently using an Aorus Master X570 with my 5600X, I plan on picking up a 5900X and moving the 5600X to a small case for movies, light gaming, music, and video editing and won't be OC'ng it.

I will use the current Aorus X570 for the 5900X, but I have no idea what MB to go for with reliability, good bios, and good price for the 5600X.

Should I just use a B550, maybe a Tomahawk? I do want two NvME slots for the HD's.

I would like to use the 4.0 speed of the 5600X so does this limit me to the X570?

I'm fine with Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS or AS Rock. Just looking for a good 4.0 without all the added features for extreme overclocking.

Thanks.

Solution
Should I just use a B550, maybe a Tomahawk? I do want two NvME slots for the HD's.
If a small case would you want an mATX? Either way: B550 Tomahawk is an excellent ATX choice, B550 Tuf Gaming PLUS is too and a bit cheaper. The Tomahawk's a bit more costly mainly for it's very powerful VRM which is going to be overkill for a 5600X.

For mATX either the B550m Mortar or B550m Tuf Gaming Plus are excellent, in fact probably the best in that form factor. I have a 5800X on B550m Tuf Gaming Plus and the VRM is more than enough. It's cool running even in P95 and very stable even when PBO'd with fairly well optimized under-volt curves for each core.

These boards have dual M.2 NVME. Keep in mind that with B550 only one NVME will...
If a small case would you want an mATX? Either way: B550 Tomahawk is an excellent ATX choice, B550 Tuf Gaming PLUS is too and a bit cheaper. The Tomahawk's a bit more costly mainly for it's very powerful VRM which is going to be overkill for a 5600X.

For mATX either the B550m Mortar or B550m Tuf Gaming Plus are excellent, in fact probably the best in that form factor. I have a 5800X on B550m Tuf Gaming Plus and the VRM is more than enough. It's cool running even in P95 and very stable even when PBO'd with fairly well optimized under-volt curves for each core.

These boards have dual M.2 NVME. Keep in mind that with B550 only one NVME will be gen4 (with gen 3 or gen 4 processors only), but the 2nd one can support gen 3.

Last edited:
Solution