Question Motherboard refurb.

Keith_74

Reputable
Dec 26, 2016
I want to, if possible, increase the power of my PC as it is sluggish when using a Cricut Design Space program.

According to. Belarc here are the current specs.
I run Windows 10 Home, (64 bit) which is right up to date Version 2009 build 19042.746.
I have 15306 Mb usable installed memory on 2 slots. 2X8192
Processor is an AMD A10-7860K Radeon R7 12 compute cores 4c+8G
3.60GHz

I'd appreciate any advice on possible upgrades on this board. I'm hoping not to have to re-board it, as funds are tight at the moment.

Maybe a different processor or memory? I don't have that knowledge.

Any help really appreciated and thanks.

Board is a Gigabyte F2A78M-HD2

kanewolf

Titan
I want to, if possible, increase the power of my PC as it is sluggish when using a Cricut Design Space program.

According to. Belarc here are the current specs.
I run Windows 10 Home, (64 bit) which is right up to date Version 2009 build 19042.746.
I have 15306 Mb usable installed memory on 2 slots. 2X8192
Processor is an AMD A10-7860K Radeon R7 12 compute cores 4c+8G
3.60GHz

I'd appreciate any advice on possible upgrades on this board. I'm hoping not to have to re-board it, as funds are tight at the moment.

Maybe a different processor or memory? I don't have that knowledge.

Any help really appreciated and thanks.

Board is a Gigabyte F2A78M-HD2
Your motherboard is at the end of enhancements. You need to replace CPU, motherboard and RAM to get a significant improvement.

Reactions: Quanticriver

Keith_74

Reputable
Dec 26, 2016
Thanks for this. Yeah I had half expected that.

In view of that, and because of the costs of upgrading with new board etc, I will have to put this on hold for the time being. I'll probably just put it to one side, I already have an older HP with Windows 2000 on it for older programs, like Print Artist 8, that I still use, and keep it as a spare.

I think probably, I'm leaning more towards picking up a good second hand iMac which has better spec for the sort of work I do. Windows 10 with it's constant updates has not been the best of the Windows platforms. and I don't want to throw further money that way.

Thanks again.
Keith.