Motherboard screen at startup doesnt show loading circle and windows 10 login screen only shows background

Jun 13, 2018
What it says in the title. These two things happened basically at the same time. I thought it was weird that the motherboard screen didnt show the loading icon, and the the login screen only had the background image, and it took like 30 seconds to show my username and the password space. I have an ssd and the login screen was always complete immediately. I have windows 10 and my motherboard is a gigabyte z370 aorus gaming 5.

I hope i put this under the right category, i put it in under windows 10, but i suppose it could be a motherboard problem too.

Solution
Try unplugging all unnecessary devices from PC before start up, it could be PC is waiting on something to answer before it shows the login screen. Say if you had an external hdd, it might be a sign it going bad. If you only have mouse/keyboard attached, try unplugging them and see if it makes any difference

check web site for motherboard and make sure you have latest BIOS and/or chipset drivers. You can download the Gigabyte App Centre and run it, it will check you have latest drivers - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-5-rev-10#support-dl-utility

Colif

Win 11 Master
what happens if you hit the ctrl key on the blank login screen? or ctrl alt del as sometimes I find the load screen is really slow to show logon box but those 2 things normally make it appear

try running startup repair
from desktop, go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now
this loads a blue menu on startup
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

Jun 13, 2018

Hello, thanks for the response, and sorry for this late answer. I did what you said, and windows told me something like "Startup repair couldnt repair your pc
Press advanced options to try to repair the pc with other means or shut down to shut down"
And then it showd the the folder for a file.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try unplugging all unnecessary devices from PC before start up, it could be PC is waiting on something to answer before it shows the login screen. Say if you had an external hdd, it might be a sign it going bad. If you only have mouse/keyboard attached, try unplugging them and see if it makes any difference

check web site for motherboard and make sure you have latest BIOS and/or chipset drivers. You can download the Gigabyte App Centre and run it, it will check you have latest drivers - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-AORUS-Gaming-5-rev-10#support-dl-utility

Solution