Apr 30, 2024
I have a pc with these specs:

MBD: Asus Prime B450-A
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GB
RAM: 2x4gb DDR4 2400Mhz
PSU: Corsair VS550 550w

PC won't display anything but all the USB ports are working and it boots into Windows .
I tried a spare GT 710 which works (but sometimes it also won't display anything).
I tried somethings and I found I can get the PC to display with the RX 580 with these 2 steps:

1. Unplug all the devices from USB ports (including ethernet)
  2. I have 8-pin PCIe cables, alternating between them.

I'm not sure whether the GPU is dead or is there a problem with the motherboard or the PSU.
Side note: Previously sometimes the PC would just straight-out crash or the monitor would go into power saving mode while gaming , I used to think it was because of the temperature since its quite hot where I live.

Ralston18

Titan
How old is that Corsair VS550 550 watt PSU?

History of heavy gaming use?

Take a look in Reliability History/Monitor for error codes, warnings, and even informational entries being captured just before or at the time of the crashes.

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors indicate a faulty or failing PSU.

My overall thought being that the PSU is losing its' ability to keep up with sudden peaks in power demand or any steady power levels beyond some certain wattage.

PC won't display anything but all the USB ports are working and it boots into Windows.
I tried a spare GT 710 which works (but sometimes it also won't display anything)...
sometimes the PC would just straight-out crash or the monitor would go into power saving mode while gaming
i wouldn't be surprised if the cause is that VS model power supply.
PSU: Corsair VS550
the best of those units are still fairly low quality, not meant for gaming or anything intensive.
the worst of them are just downright dangerous.