Motherboard shorting out somewhere

Nov 4, 2018
I just finished building my second PC (1st one entirely on my own) and I'm running into some issues. When I finished the build I plugged everything in and the graphics card (Asus RX570) was not getting recognized by my monitor. My previous card in my old PC (rx 480) only had a six pin power connector so I thought perhaps this new card didn't need the extra dangling two pin connector (which makes it 8). That didn't fix it. Then I noticed my RAM was not seated properly. So I removed it and reseated it. Still nothing, except this time the computer turns on and almost immediately turns off.

After about two seconds it turns itself back on and I can see the CPU fan going faster and slower continuously. I can only assume that it isn't getting enough power or there's a short in the motherboard. I did install all of the included standoffs as they aligned properly with my motherboard. Is it possible I have a short somewhere? Or did I royally mess something up?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 X
Mobo: Asus B450-Plus
GFX: Asus AMD RX570
Power: EVGA 650GQ
RAM: Gskill Ripjaw 2x8GB

Disconnect the power cable from the PSU and press the power button for 15 seconds.
Make sure both the 24-pin and 8-pin ATX power connectors from the PSU are seated properly on the motherboard.
Just leave one memory module and one disk connected to the motherboard.
Make sure the GPU is seated properly.
Connect the power cord back and press the power button.

Nov 4, 2018

I did the above steps and still nothing. The PC turns on for about 2 seconds before turning off and then back on again. Once it's back on I can see the fan speeds varying (assuming it's not getting enough power). Like I said before, when the RAM was not seated properly, the PC turned on and stayed on without issue. Could I have faulty RAM?