Question Motherboard shows code "08" permanently

Oct 18, 2024
Hi!

I'm experiencing something a bit strange with my PC. It's only 2 days old, newly assembled, and I've noticed that the mini "EZ Digi Debug" panel on the motherboard permanently shows an 08 code. According to the manual, this code corresponds to the boot phase of the PC:
08 System Agent initialization after microcode loading.

The interesting part is that the PC boots perfectly. There are no errors, and it works flawlessly. I've searched online, and most people who have this issue can't get past the POST. So I'm not sure what to do. I've completely disassembled the PC, tested it with just one RAM module, and removed almost everything, leaving only the essentials for booting. I even took the motherboard out to try different things.

tLva3Hn.jpeg

Sometimes, during boot, it oscillates between 01 and 08 and finally settles on 00. Other times, it stays on 08.

Here are the details of my PC:

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 5.0GHz Socket AM5 Boxed
  • Motherboard: MSI MAG X870 Tomahawk WiFi - ATX AM5
  • Graphics Card: MSI RTX 4080 Super Gaming X Slim 16GB GDDR6X DLSS3
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL30 EXPO-XMP
  • Storage: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB PCIe x4 NVMe
  • Power Supply: Asus ROG Strix 1000G ATX 3.0 (PCIe 5.0) - 1000W
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken Elite 360 RGB LCD Display Black
  • Case: NZXT H9 Elite Black
  • Extra Cooling: NZXT F360 RGB Core - 360mm fan
Any clues on what this could be?

Thank you in advance!

Oct 18, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your motherboard has a Flash BIOS button on the rear;
1024.png

in conjunction with this guide;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5fJ7DjmLTU

see if reflashing the BIOS with the latest version helps you.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for the response. I tried updating the BIOS by downloading the latest version from the manufacturer's website. I also pressed the CMOS reset button located next to the one you mentioned. I will also try pressing the BIOS button to see if there is any change.

Edit: Nothing, still the same 08 code on the MOBO.

Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
When clearing the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery from the board, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain residual power, then replace the battery after 30mins. See if that helps.

I tried updating the BIOS by downloading the latest version from the manufacturer's website.
Just so we're on the same page, which BIOS version did you reflash with?