Question Motherboard takes almost 18 seconds to boot

gamingzone

Reputable
Sep 5, 2017
So I assembled a new build and I'm having this issue since I assembled. I've tried everything, bios updates and all, but it doesn't fix itself.

Here is my problem in the video:-
View: https://youtu.be/46viD52zHyk

My PC takes like 18 seconds before giving display and turning on keyboard and mouse. Why is it like that?

PC Specs:
ASUS EX-A320 GAMING
AMD Ryzen 5 3500
Corsair 16GB DDR4@3000mhz
GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC
120GB SSD
1TB HDD

Sometimes, a motherboard does not like the ram configuration given to it and needs some time to adjust to something that works.
A delay can also happen while a motherboard looks for a device that is not present.
Some may do a ram check.

As a suggestion, do not power off your pc.
Use sleep to ram instead(no hibernate)
That puts the pc and monitor into a very low power state almost as low as a full power off.
Sleep and wake then becomes only a few seconds.

gamingzone

Reputable
Sep 5, 2017
Sometimes, a motherboard does not like the ram configuration given to it and needs some time to adjust to something that works.
A delay can also happen while a motherboard looks for a device that is not present.
Some may do a ram check.

As a suggestion, do not power off your pc.
Use sleep to ram instead(no hibernate)
That puts the pc and monitor into a very low power state almost as low as a full power off.
Sleep and wake then becomes only a few seconds.
Been a month, still doing the same thing. About the sleep thing, yes I'll try it out.

You may have had your old PC set to hibernate rather than shutdown. It will restore from hibernation faster than a cold boot.
No, I disabled hibernation on that. I never use it.

gamingzone

Reputable
Sep 5, 2017
I know it's been some time since I last replied. Been busy and didn't use PC.

So I tried troubleshooting today, removed HDD, SSD, fans, RGB lights and everything. Even the usb components except keyboard.
Booted it with minimal setup but still it took same time to load. Then I tried using a single ram and even tried replacing it but it's still the same. I don't know what's wrong