Question Motherboard VGA port doesn't work

flepp

Commendable
May 23, 2021
I found this old monitor of mine and decided to add it as my 2nd monitor. I bought a vga cable because it supports only dvi and vga but the dvi port on my gpu is taken and motherboard only has a vga one. It didn't work and then i tried connecting my main monitor with vga too but it didn't work. Then i switched the connections so the old monitor is connected to the gpu and my main is connected to the boards vga port. And well the thing that's happening is that only the monitor that's connected to the gpu works. I spent hours digging online and the only thing that is most likely the problem is that my boards vga port is disabled. I searched for solutions online but none of them worked and also there is no option connected to vga ports and similar i went into every setting and found nothing. I tried finding similar settings on control panel and the windows settings but found nothing and the most annoying thing is that I am on Windows 11 so even some settings that i saw people enter in control panel just redirect me to the windows 11 display settings in the settings app and those settings are so basic and there is nothing helpful on there.

If you could help me i'd highly appreciate I am beyond frustrated by this at the current moment because nothing I found so far works.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I found this old monitor of mine and decided to add it as my 2nd monitor. I bought a vga cable because it supports only dvi and vga but the dvi port on my gpu is taken and motherboard only has a vga one. It didn't work and then i tried connecting my main monitor with vga too but it didn't work. Then i switched the connections so the old monitor is connected to the gpu and my main is connected to the boards vga port. And well the thing that's happening is that only the monitor that's connected to the gpu works. I spent hours digging online and the only thing that is most likely the problem is that my boards vga port is disabled. I searched for solutions online but none of them worked and also there is no option connected to vga ports and similar i went into every setting and found nothing. I tried finding similar settings on control panel and the windows settings but found nothing and the most annoying thing is that I am on Windows 11 so even some settings that i saw people enter in control panel just redirect me to the windows 11 display settings in the settings app and those settings are so basic and there is nothing helpful on there.

If you could help me i'd highly appreciate I am beyond frustrated by this at the current moment because nothing I found so far works.
You will need to look in your BIOS and see if you have a option to use both, when a GPU is installed it turns the motherboard video off by default.

flepp

Commendable
May 23, 2021
You will need to look in your BIOS and see if you have a option to use both, when a GPU is installed it turns the motherboard video off by default.
Any idea of what the option might say because I am pretty sure I looked at all options and found nothing related to video settings

flepp

Commendable
May 23, 2021
Any idea of what the option might say because I am pretty sure I looked at all options and found nothing related to video settings
I found one option it's called "Select Active Video" it has 4 options IGD,PEG,PCI and Auto. The selected one is Auto. I am gonna test some of these because i just looked up what they mean and under igd that stands for integrated graphics there is an option for multi monitor support