Question Motherboard vga warning light lit, no visual on monitor

Jan 31, 2021
Hello all, yesterday whilst playing wow my pc suddenly shut off when attempting to reboot Iam faced with a monitor that won’t detect any video input and a white warning led on my mobo with vga next to it.

the fact that I can’t do anything software wise because of not getting anything on my monitor makes fixing this a mystery. Side note I don’t think this was a heat related issue I have water cooling and when I opened my rig after the crash none of the components felt abnormally warm.

I tested the rig with a replacement GPU and still no boot. Still stuck on the white LED. Both pcie slots were tested. Fans on both GPU’s were spinning. LEDs on the mobo and elements connected directly to the psu still light up.

I have no clue how to fix this please help!

rig is about 2 months old
  • RTX 3070 Inno3D Ichill 3
  • Ryzen 5 5600x
  • 2x 8GB corsair vengeance ram
  • Asus TUF x570 plus wifi Motherboard
  • 2x Samsung 870 Evo SSD (one of which was salvaged from my old build)
  • Be quiet pure loop watercooler
  • Corsair RM750 750watt PSU

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021
Had exact same issue, same symptom.
Took me few days trying to fix it, turns out it's the PSU fried the GPU (that's the only reason I could find).
Bought a new PSU had switched to old GPU, now works fine. Only problem is I can only play wow with lv3 video quality Orz.

Jan 31, 2021
Had exact same issue, same symptom.
Took me few days trying to fix it, turns out it's the PSU fried the GPU (that's the only reason I could find).
Bought a new PSU had switched to old GPU, now works fine. Only problem is I can only play wow with lv3 video quality Orz.
Oh Removed I really hope that isn’t the case. Gonna have a guy take a look at it and hopefully fix it before I start sending things back

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 31, 2021
Hello all, yesterday whilst playing wow my pc suddenly shut off when attempting to reboot Iam faced with a monitor that won’t detect any video input and a white warning led on my mobo with vga next to it.

the fact that I can’t do anything software wise because of not getting anything on my monitor makes fixing this a mystery. Side note I don’t think this was a heat related issue I have water cooling and when I opened my rig after the crash none of the components felt abnormally warm.

I tested the rig with a replacement GPU and still no boot. Still stuck on the white LED. Both pcie slots were tested. Fans on both GPU’s were spinning. LEDs on the mobo and elements connected directly to the psu still light up.

I have no clue how to fix this please help!

rig is about 2 months old
  • RTX 3070 Inno3D Ichill 3
  • Ryzen 5 5600x
  • 2x 8GB corsair vengeance ram
  • Asus TUF x570 plus wifi Motherboard
  • 2x Samsung 870 Evo SSD (one of which was salvaged from my old build)
  • Be quiet pure loop watercooler
  • Corsair RM750 750watt PSU