Question Motherboard will not boot

Jun 7, 2022
Question - I am having issues with my new build. When I go to power it on, all the light come on, then the system shuts down and reboots. I don’t know what I should do. In might be good to say that this original system was struck by lightning about a month ago. All that I could manage to salvage was the memory and the processor.
Thank you for your help.

New build stats:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yKjrGL

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It says it is version 1.2 on the board. How would I go about upgrading the BIOS when I can’t even bot the mb into BIOS?

That's board's revision number, not the BIOS version. F4 was the first BIOS that comes with the board, you would need F6. Do you see F4 or F6 or similar anywhere on the motherboard, perhaps a sticker? I assume this was a used motherboard? If so, did the previous owner say what BIOS version was installed?

Luckily, this motherboard allows you to update BIOS without a compatible CPU. The directions are chapter 5 of the board's manual.

Jun 7, 2022
That's board's revision number, not the BIOS version. F4 was the first BIOS that comes with the board, you would need F6. Do you see F4 or F6 or similar anywhere on the motherboard, perhaps a sticker? I assume this was a used motherboard? If so, did the previous owner say what BIOS version was installed?

Luckily, this motherboard allows you to update BIOS without a compatible CPU. The directions are chapter 5 of the board's manual.

I couldn’t find anything on the board, and yes I did get it used. My question is how do I enter the boot menu if I can’t even get the board to come up?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I couldn’t find anything on the board, and yes I did get it used. My question is how do I enter the boot menu if I can’t even get the board to come up?

What I said 22 minutes ago that you literally just quoted back to me.