Question Motherboard won't detect RAM - won't post

Feb 11, 2019
My PC will not post as when I press the power button, the fans turn on and RGB lights up, however it doesn't post.

The EZ Debug on the motherboard has a red light on DRAM, however, the RGB on the RAM lights up, and I have replaced it with some other RAM which means it is almost certainly not the RAM directly.

I have also tried placing one stick of RAM in each of the slots (apart from slot 1 because there isn't enough clearance), however this did nothing.

Therefore, I believe that the issue is with the motherboard not detecting the RAM (as it seems to supply power to it since the RGB turns on). However, I may be mistaken and I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas as I really don't feel like buying a new motherboard and having to re-build half of the system.

Specs (just the ones that seem remotely relevant):
-MSI Z370 Tomahawk
-16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @3200Mhz
-GTX 1060 6GB
-Intel i5 8600K
-EVGA 650W Bronze PSU

•Thank you for any advice.

Feb 11, 2019
How did it happen? Have you OC-ed?
Everything is stock.
Basically, about a month ago I added five Corsair LL120/140 fans. Anyway, it was apparent to me that I needed to replug a wire for it (the RGB was acting strangely). So, I popped the side panel off and replugged the wire, whilst repositioning another wire which was on a USB header (it was for my 12V RGB strips if I remember correctly), and repositioned it to the 12V JRGB header. This cable is kind of lose generally (the holes for pins are a touch too big). When I turned the PC back on, it was fine. I was in Windows 10 and everything was dandy other than this RGB strip cable which was fine but looked a bit too lose for my liking so I pushed it in a bit more and then I heard a relatively loud crack (electrical sounding). I was concerned but everything appeared fine so I took no notice. Anyway, I turned my PC off again in order to return the fan USB cable to it's original place as I did not like it in its new place. Then I turned it back on and it is how it is now.

Feb 11, 2019
Probably the board, assuming that the power supply does provide the needed power.
Have you tried clearing the CMOS and pressing the power button for a while, power cord unplugged?
I have not, though I haven't changed anything in the BIOS in months so there shouldn't be anything wrong there.
I will just get a new motherboard, assuming that it will almost certainly fix it right?
Also, thank you for your help. I appreciate it very much.