[SOLVED] Motherboard wont turn on. No lights, sounds, everything has been tested.

Aug 27, 2020
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M Wifi Pro Mitx
I have been using this motherboard since last Christmas and just recently it stopped working. The PSU has been tested on another computer and that works. I have tried unplugging everything and replugging. I have also tried shorting with a screw driver...
Anyone else ever have this issue or know how to deal with it?? Anything helps thanks!

Solution
If you have space, which I have not so I couldn't do it to my own PC which couldn't boot up. My suggestion is to dismantle it. Then build the system outside the case. If you still have the motherboard box, use it as a base to place your motherboard on. And start from there. But I will go one step further, just install one module of memory, one hard disk or SSD (that is if you have more than one disk in your original system). If your motherboard has onboard graphics, use that first. Then one by one, add component one at a time to the build. At this moment, I suspect either your CPU or motherboard is somehow short. Perhaps, lightning? Or power surge. Good luck.

Alexoferith

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2013
If you have space, which I have not so I couldn't do it to my own PC which couldn't boot up. My suggestion is to dismantle it. Then build the system outside the case. If you still have the motherboard box, use it as a base to place your motherboard on. And start from there. But I will go one step further, just install one module of memory, one hard disk or SSD (that is if you have more than one disk in your original system). If your motherboard has onboard graphics, use that first. Then one by one, add component one at a time to the build. At this moment, I suspect either your CPU or motherboard is somehow short. Perhaps, lightning? Or power surge. Good luck.

Solution