Question Motherborad may be overheating

Nov 1, 2020
My pc was perfect until last month. When I was cleaning it, I found some motherboard pins were bent so I bought a second-hand motherboard because I couldn't find a new one.
That's when problems started.
The fans sound too loud when playing or doing tasks that can easily don't mean anything.
I thought the chipset could be overheating, so I chance the thermal pad to a new one but did nothing.
Also, BIOS and Asus AI 3 don't show me the temperature of the motherboard. What can I do?

My pc here

Bios here

Last edited:

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
My pc was perfect until last month. When I was cleaning it, I found some motherboard pins were bent so I bought a second-hand motherboard because I couldn't find a new one.
That's when problems started.
The fans sound too loud when playing or doing tasks that can easily don't mean anything.
I thought the chipset could be overheating, so I chance the thermal pad to a new one but did nothing.
Also, BIOS and Asus AI 3 don't show me the temperature of the motherboard. What can I do?

My pc here

Bios here
I would simply call up the guy who I bought the second hand motherboard from, and ask him about the situation and why he decided to sell the thing, and if any components have been replaced in a reapirshop somewhere using a heater or something. If he has any care about his karma he should tell you the story, if not, this is a second hand motherboard after all, what did you expect?

Nov 1, 2020
I would simply call up the guy who I bought the second hand motherboard from, and ask him about the situation and why he decided to sell the thing, and if any components have been replaced in a reapirshop somewhere using a heater or something. If he has any care about his karma he should tell you the story, if not, this is a second hand motherboard after all, what did you expect?
Yeah, I know that maybe something wrong with the motherboard since the problems started, I just was trying to see if I could do anything to fix that problem.
Anyway thanks.