[SOLVED] Mounting NH U12S SE AM4

Tanarri

Reputable
Feb 19, 2017
I have recently recieved a Noctua NH-U12S SE - AM4 to replace my current cooler. I am currently running a AM3+ socket procesor.

Does anyone know if I can mount it using the kit in the package or do I need to order a specific mounting kit for the AM3+ socket? Thanks!

Solution
The Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 is only compatible with the AM4 socket. This variant was later made only for the newly launched ryzen CPUs. It onlly comes with the AM4 mounting hardware.
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 socket compatibility

Why didn't you just buy the standard Noctua NH-U12S? The standard version is compatible with every other socket... including AM3+.
Noctua NH-U12S socket compatibility

If you bought the cpu cooler from the store, just return it and get the standard NH-U12S instead.
The Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 is only compatible with the AM4 socket. This variant was later made only for the newly launched ryzen CPUs. It onlly comes with the AM4 mounting hardware.
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 socket compatibility

Why didn't you just buy the standard Noctua NH-U12S? The standard version is compatible with every other socket... including AM3+.
Noctua NH-U12S socket compatibility

If you bought the cpu cooler from the store, just return it and get the standard NH-U12S instead.

Solution

Tanarri

Reputable
Feb 19, 2017
Atleast I didn't pay for it :D A mate of mine gave it to me, as he wasnt using it, saying there should be a kit to mount it to AM3+. I have not been able to find it and I guess he was wrong. Will go for a different cooler then.