[SOLVED] Mouse 4 button specifically not working

Jul 12, 2021
I was playing a game when suddenly my mouse 4 button stopped working. Games and apps like Discord can't detect it when I click the button but I noticed when I click and hold my cursor movement gets slowed down. My mouse 5 button works perfectly fine so I don't think it's a physical issue.

*I have tried reinstalling my mouse driver but it still won't work.

Solution
It has a special DPI changer button
but profiles can become corrupt and separate settings can be in place.

even it has a dedicated DPI cycling button,
a sniper button is used by holding down this button while aiming.
sounds exactly like what is going on with yours.

have you checked the Omen Gaming Hub software to see what actions are currently assigned to what buttons?
Jul 12, 2021
what mouse?

many have "sniper" options built-in where a single button can be used to change the DPI while being held or on the fly.
check any available manufacturer software and see if they give you the option to manually set the buttons or just switch to a default layout.
The mouse I'm using is an HP Omen Vector. It has a special DPI changer button below the scroll so I'm not sure if it's a DPI problem or not.

Jul 12, 2021
Try uninstalling mouse software, if there is one, then uninstall all mouse entries under 'Mice and other pointing devices' from the Device Manager .
Reboot
I reinstalled everything under 'Mice and other pointing devices' except for Elan Input Device, rebooted it and still had the same problem.

It has a special DPI changer button

have you checked the Omen Gaming Hub software to see what actions are currently assigned to what buttons?

Solution
Jul 12, 2021

So far everything is set to default, though I can set custom actions to each button.

EDIT: For some reason the default setting is bugged. I managed to solve the problem by assigning my mouse button to 'forward'. Thanks for helping!

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost