Mouse acceleration help.

SKPingYT

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
I have been looking for a good budget mouse for cs go. Right now a mouse with around 400 dpi would suit me. Also, what does it mean if a mouse has (x) amount of grams of acceleration? Doesn't that mean like in games such as cs go, if you move your mouse to fast. it will go all over the place? Basically looking for a mouse that doesn't freak out when moved fast in cs go. Thanks.

Solution
not grams. units of g is acceleration of gravity (9.8m/s^2) http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/tech-support/333648-an-overview-of-mouse-technology

basically with acceleration when you move your mouse fast, it moves more distance per inch of your mouse movement while when you move the mouse slow it travels less distance. having no acceleration would be a static value of move X distance on screen per distance of X mouse movement. why have acceleration? it allows fine control when you need to while quick movement when you dont want to wait. its a good concept but does not always play nice for gamers who want complete control over their mouse.

most mice have a small amount built in but windows has an option to turn off at least the software...
not grams. units of g is acceleration of gravity (9.8m/s^2) http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/tech-support/333648-an-overview-of-mouse-technology

basically with acceleration when you move your mouse fast, it moves more distance per inch of your mouse movement while when you move the mouse slow it travels less distance. having no acceleration would be a static value of move X distance on screen per distance of X mouse movement. why have acceleration? it allows fine control when you need to while quick movement when you dont want to wait. its a good concept but does not always play nice for gamers who want complete control over their mouse.

most mice have a small amount built in but windows has an option to turn off at least the software portion of it (windows adds extra). different mice have different levels of acceleration as well.

no, your mouse will not go all over the place, it will go in the direction you point it although it will move faster and go further the faster you move the mouse if acceleration is on. as far as how quick and how far that depends on A) your dpi settings B) your acceleration of the mouse C) your windows acceleration settings and D) your mouse speed and game mouse speed/sensitivity options.

keep in mind that certain high contrast mousepads like white text on black background may cause mice to track irregularly but thats a different thing altogether.

i personally use a deathadder 3.5g (old model.. i like it because it is rubberized). while the sensor isnt the best you can get it works for me fine enough and is comfortable. i've tried the proteus and its also a good mouse but was not quite wide enough for my hand and i did not prefer the mouse wheel. otherwise it was quite excellent and tracked well with easy to locate buttons. its hard to go wrong with the other logitech gaming mice as they have been a staple of gaming for many years. roccat kone is worth looking at. not sure of the acceleration on all of them, i'll leave it up to you if you are worried about it. quite frankly... i've never bothered and have been fine

Solution

SKPingYT

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

So a mouse with let's say 20g of acceleration is fine?

depends on your preferences honestly.

while 1:1 or mice with near zero acceleration would be considered best for muscle memory and respond the same at any speed, there are plenty of highly competitive players who use acceleration. one positive use for acceleration would be for precision sniping or other movement the mouse would be slower than general higher speed movements. sure, you could use a dpi switch button to do this but acceleration would do this natively although in a non-adjustable way.

are you sure that the value is not for maximum acceleration before it fails to track well? that value seems way too high to be its built in acceleration. generally the built in hardware acceleration values are fairly low.

what mouse?

SKPingYT

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

20g was just an example. Also, right now, I'm looking at this mouse: https://www.amazon.com/TeckNet-Raptor-Gaming-Button-Weight/dp/B00E290JRE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1476470994&sr=8-3&keywords=tecknet+mouse&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=techoftomo-20&linkId=106384e6c72d74561e55322d1b3a58c1

Is this ok for cs:go?

This is an optin as well: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE3RM5434&cm_re=gaming_mouse-_-0TP-005G-00012-_-Product

budget mice like the first while they often work can be plagued by problems and you really do get what you paid for. check some of the negative reviews complaining of micro-stuttering or doa mice. if you're competitive, i'd suggest something from a well known brand.

the second looks to be a deathadder clone out of china. its not the same thing and could just be a cheap mouse that looks like the deathadder on the outside. its really hard to spot the difference without buying and i have no way to tell if its real or fake but guessing fake. new old stock deathadders generally are $30-40 and new current models are $40-50 i think

SKPingYT

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

Alright man, thanks so much for the information. I'm probably going to wait for black friday to get a decent deal on the Zowie ec1-a, or any other nice mice such as Logitech or steelseries.