[SOLVED] Mouse acting crazy after installing razer synapse?

zmihlrad

Reputable
Nov 20, 2018
Been using a razer deathadder v1 for like 6 years now. It was fine, didn't even have synapse installed just plug and play using windows 10 settings.

Friend said you should install synapse youll get more precision.

Install it, all mouse movements extremely erratic now and I feel I have no precision in my movements. I have messed with DPI settings for literally 8 hours now with no resolve. The only way to get precise "aim" with the mouse is lower it so much that It moves at a snails pace.

I tried uninstalling synapse and deleting the mouse from devices. Didn't change anything its still all weird now.

I went as far as to go buy a deathadder v2 today. Same issues.

The mouse almost feels "loose" in a way when I go to use it. Like I will often overshoot my mark of what I am trying for.

Solution
I did a restore to 8/28 when it was fine and its still an issue.
if you have reset the OS back to a time before any software changes were implemented and you're still experiencing the new issue than it's an onboard memory setting.
it's possible you can reset the mouse's onboard memory back to it's default settings but if you purchased a new mouse and it's acting the same then it's probably already running default.

it may be that you had custom settings in place through Windows and when installing the Razer software and changing options the original default settings were re-implemented.
now you would need to reset OS settings to what you had before.

zmihlrad

Reputable
Nov 20, 2018
make sure any "pointer enhancement" or "precision" options are disabled in both Windows and the Razer control software.

you can also return to a previous Windows Restore Point before the software was originally installed.

I think "enhance pointer precision" is whats throwing me off. I am actually used to having it, and it seems to not work all of a sudden?

if you have reset the OS back to a time before any software changes were implemented and you're still experiencing the new issue than it's an onboard memory setting.
it's possible you can reset the mouse's onboard memory back to it's default settings but if you purchased a new mouse and it's acting the same then it's probably already running default.

it may be that you had custom settings in place through Windows and when installing the Razer software and changing options the original default settings were re-implemented.
now you would need to reset OS settings to what you had before.

Solution