[SOLVED] Mouse and Coca Cola

Aug 10, 2019
I spilled coca cola on my mouse and everything is working fine just the left click looks like it is glued on a bit, what can i do?

Solution
hello.
are you comfortable taking the mouse apart?
the sugar in the soda have congealed and are acting like glue, you click and it stays, right?
if you are lucky it is just the plastic shell that is sticky, remove the shell and wash in water and dissolve the glue away, dry and re-assemble.
unlucky, the switch itself is sticky with sugar. if this is the case you will need to not care if the mouse works again to attempt a fix.
Unplug it, take it apart and either use 90% or higher isopropyl alcohol or distilled water (if you use distilled water you must wait fully for it to dry or use isopropyl as a rinse) to clean off the circuit boards, silicon pads switch etc along with the mouse body itself..

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
hello.
the sugar in the soda have congealed and are acting like glue, you click and it stays, right?
if you are lucky it is just the plastic shell that is sticky, remove the shell and wash in water and dissolve the glue away, dry and re-assemble.
unlucky, the switch itself is sticky with sugar. if this is the case you will need to not care if the mouse works again to attempt a fix.

Solution

SparkyTech934

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
I suggest taking the mouse apart as much as you feel comfortable (if even possible) and then cleaning out the residue with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip or something. The alcohol will flash off quickly and should be safe to use on electronics. Hope this helps :)

Aug 10, 2019
hello.
I can click,but i can feel its glued

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
if the switch is sugared you can get contact cleaner from a auto store/home center that is safe for electronics you can use that while clicking the switch to remove the sugar
read all warnings as it may damage the finish on certain plastics