[SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard freezing

Nov 2, 2020
Hi so I have a windows 10 and out of blue my keyboard and mouse stop working they stop responding. What’s weird is that when they stop working their lights are still on indicating that they’re still on. The only way to fix is by restarting my computer forcefully from the brain.

Solution
Sounds like the computer is freezing which makes the mouse and keyboard non-responsive.

After you reboot, look at Event Viewer, Windows Logs, System and see if there is any indication in there of what may be causing the problem. Look in the log just prior to when the freeze occurs.

To see event viewer, press Window key + R, type eventvwr.msc and press Enter.

It would also be good to check the temperatures of the components of your computer. Start by looking at what BIOS has to show you immediately after you reboot, then use a program like HWMONITOR to look at the temps in real time.

Ztruker

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Sounds like the computer is freezing which makes the mouse and keyboard non-responsive.

After you reboot, look at Event Viewer, Windows Logs, System and see if there is any indication in there of what may be causing the problem. Look in the log just prior to when the freeze occurs.

To see event viewer, press Window key + R, type eventvwr.msc and press Enter.

It would also be good to check the temperatures of the components of your computer. Start by looking at what BIOS has to show you immediately after you reboot, then use a program like HWMONITOR to look at the temps in real time.

Reactions: Colif
Solution