[SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard not working on login screen after WIN10 full reset

goofy001

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
Hi, recently I was having gpu driver issues on my pc and no matter what fix I do that I see on the internet doesn't work, and that pushed me to doing a full erase on my entire drive.

After doing the full erase, everything went well until I got onto the login screen/setup.

My mouse and keyboard is not responding on login, but whenever I go into BIOS or the recovery mode my mouse and keyboard is just working fine.

I checked into my BIOS usb configuration and I see that they're already enabled.

So far I tried

• Booting into safe mode (mouse and kb still not responding)
  • Reseating every usb and computer components
  • Trying a diffenrent mouse or kb (not working still)

Everything was totally fine, my mouse and keyboard was fully working before and doesnt show any hardware defects. This all happend after doing the full erase.

I really need help because I use my computer a lot for school purposes.

Solution
D
Windows reinstall or reset is crap and I never use it because it doesn’t work do this instead
D

Deleted member 14196

Well you just discovered that windows reset is useless. I recommend that you format and start over clean

You say fully race but does that mean that you formatted the hard drive and installed windows fresh or just performed a reset? If this was a full clean reinstall and it doesn’t work then you’ve done something wrong

Reactions: goofy001

goofy001

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
Well you just discovered that windows reset is useless. I recommend that you format and start over clean

You say fully race but does that mean that you formatted the hard drive and installed windows fresh or just performed a reset? If this was a full clean reinstall and it doesn’t work then you’ve done something wrong
I just went to recovery mode and chose reset this pc > remove everything > clean the drive fully > reinstall windows using cloud download.

What should've been the proper way? I don't see where I went wrong.

D

Deleted member 14196

Windows reinstall or reset is crap and I never use it because it doesn’t work do this instead

Reactions: goofy001
Solution

goofy001

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
Thanks mate! I'll try it tomorrow.

EDIT: It worked man thank you so much! Now I know that windows reset is crap lmao

Last edited: